Black Bean Burgers
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cans low-sodium black beans
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sirarcha sauce
- sea salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for cooking burgers
- Mash black beans with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Next, add breadcrumbs, seasonings, sriracha, onion, carrots,breadcrumbs, and egg and mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat and cook burgersone by one for about 5 minutes per side or until cookedthrough.
* Serve on top a bed of greens rather than a hamburger bun. These burgers are great to make ahead of time and freeze for later use.