Chicken Quinoa Risotto with Carrots & Asparagus
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into quarters
- 1 cup frozen peas
- pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- n a slow cooker, add chicken, quinoa, 2 cups bone broth, garlic and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 4 hours on high.
- Use a fork to shred chicken.
- Add asparagus and peas, and then cook another 30 minutes.
- Pour in remaining 2 cups bone broth and stir until creamy and well combined.