- 16 slices of thin whole wheat bread dried out
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 Tbsp butter melted, divided
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add in parsley, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram, cooking for an additional2 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking cut dried bread into small cubes and placeinto a large bowl.
- Pour vegetable mixture over bread and stir to coat.
- Place broth, salt, pepper, and egg into bread mixture and stir to coat well.
- Place stuffing mixture into a buttered baking dish.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of melted butter evenly over stuffing.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until top of stuffing is browned.