Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lbs organic chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 ounces Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers
- fresh basil for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer to crockpot.
- Add onions, olives, red peppers, and capers to crockpot. Tuck them around the sides so that they are not covering the chicken.
- Whisk together Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and garlic and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme and oregano and serve