Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 bell peppers halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for pan
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a thin layer of oil on a baking dish.
- Slice in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, wash and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook untilsoft for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika, season with salt &pepper, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, spinach, quinoa, and tomatoes, and mix together tofully combine. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is heatedthrough, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh cilantro.
- Use a spoon to fill peppers with quinoa stuffing.Arrange peppers in a large baking dish and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 25minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serveimmediately.
Nutrition Information: 1 serving: 289 calories, 11 grams protein, 45 grams carbs, 8 grams fat