Spicy Quinoa Crusted Chicken
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast (purchase at Whole Foods)
- Place chicken broth and quinoa in medium sized sauce pan and bring toboil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili pepper, cumin, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread quinoa in a thin layer over parchment paper lined baking sheetand bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and place in the refrigerator
- Bump oven up to 400 degrees.
- While quinoa is cooling, beat in a separate bowl the egg whites and limejuice. Dip chicken in the egg wash and then in quinoa. Pat quinoa ontochicken until its completely coated.
- Place chicken on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle nutritionalyeast on top and bake for 25 minutes
Makes: 8 servings: ½ chicken breast = 4 protein, 2 carb