Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 lb 93% fat free ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/5 cups cooked quinoi
- Heat oven to 400°
- Spray a little olive oil spray sauté pan on medium heat
- Sauté onion, garlic and cilantro for about 2 minutes then add ground turkey. Add in salt, garlic powder, and cumin
- Brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through
- Add in1/4 cup of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked quinoa and meat together
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds
- Place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can.
- Pour additional chicken broth in the bottom of the baking sheet and cover
- Cook for 35 minutes