Servings: 6 servings
- 3 medium zucchini squash
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar tomato-based marinara pasta sauce
- Place a kitchen towel inside a medium bowl and grate zucchiniinto the towel. Add salt and pepper to taste and squeezezucchini with towel to remove excess water.
- Add zucchini to a fresh bowl and mix with garlic, panko, andParmesan, plus any other desired seasonings or herbs. Seasonwith salt and pepper and form into a dozen small balls.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and frymeatballs on all sides until golden brown, roughly 8-10 minutes.
- Drain meatballs and pat with paper towels. Wipe skillet clean ortransfer meatballs to another clean skillet and pour in pastasauce. Add zucchini balls to sauce and turn to medium heat.
- Let simmer in sauce for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is warmed allthe way through. Top with grated Parmesan and enjoy!
Serves: 4-6, refrigerate or freeze leftovers to eat throughout the week.